Saturday, August 7, 2010

CAROLINE'S BRIDAL SHOWER

Well this isn't exactly the typical bridal shower card.  But I was inspired  by the color combination.  So I went with it.  
I used green as my card base, it is a 6x6 card. The DP is from American Crafts, I layered it with brown. The square in the middle is layered with brown and white. The felt flower is from Provo Craft. The brown ribbon is from my stash. I gathered it and glued it down, then I removed the thread so it would not show. The small white flowers at the bottom is ribbon. I also wrapped it around the center square. I cut flowers from the ribbon and used them as centers on the buttons. I used a Fiskars boarder bunch for the teal piece at the bottom.



On the inside is the same DP again layered with brown.  The sentiment is a stamp from my stash.  I liked it offset because it shows off the DP.
 
Well that's it.  I hope Caroline likes it.
Here is a side shot too.


2 comments:

  1. cute card. I am sure Caroline loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the gathered ribbon treatment. Why don't I ever think of cool idea's like this when I'm creating. I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete